Software & Technologies
Flash Pro, ActionScript 3.0, Video Template, Web Video, Web Design
The ActionScript 3 Flash video gallery has been a popular application since it was first developed as a marketing piece for Macromedia Flash Professional 8. As an ongoing exploration of the video gallery application, we’ve refined the template into a set of sample files that you can explore and use as a jumping-off point in your own work.
This article covers the update for Adobe Flash CS4 Professional. The sample files contain the Flash CS4 FLVPlayback component with expanded accessibility features and a simplified project structure.
Updates to the video gallery include:
- Refined ActionScript 3 code structure
- Simplified FLA file and document library structure
- Updated FLVPlayback component with Accessibility
- Feature initialization through URL variables
- Ability to launch a video detail view during initialization
- Ability to play streaming of progressive videos
- Ability to play MPEG-4 and FLV file formats (Flash Player 9.0.115 and later)
- Complete skinning control over branding and design (easier access)
- Highlight state for selected thumbnail video
- Debug mode and problem solving notes